Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Off Topic

A close friend of mine was just diagnosed with terminal cancer. I think she's the only person I've heard talk about wanting to be 40 - an age most people despair of reaching, but something she's depressed about because she doesn't think she'll ever see it. It's weird the things you think of some of the time.

She had a lot of options medically, but doesn't want to take any of them. It's like she's already decided to die. It's kind of weird to think about actually. On the one hand you hope of living longer than your expectant life, and on the other hand, you've decided it's all already over.

I wish the doctor hadn't told her how short of a time she has left. I think it would be nice to just continue living your life, not thinking about how many days you have left. Maybe you'd cherish things more if you did know it could be your last, but to have that black cloud hanging over you...to be thinking about how this is the last...I don't know. That's just me.

No comments: