Thursday, February 26, 2009

February 25

breakfast: english muffin, raw milk

lunch: artichoke heart and fresh mozzarella panini

dinner: gnocchi neopolitana, salad, tiramisu

workout: Callanetics 10/10

I've been so busy lately I feel like I'm about to crack. Between running my own business, starting another, helping my mother with hers, and doing a friend with his, I literally feel like a chicken running around with it's head cut off. Okay, so mine is still attached, but I'm not sure it would be if it wasn't screwed in so well when I was born.

Been having an interesting experience with a neighborhood cat. It's figured out how to get under my house through an access panel. It likes to bring back it's dinner and/or breakfast - still alive. It seems to prefer food that smells like skunk.

I've tried so many things to keep it out from under the house. It's a great digger - imagine a 3-foot long entrance tunnel being dug in an hour). It can move boulders with feats of strength a cat shouldn't possess. It doesn't mind cayenne. Chicken wire staked into the ground with 5-inch long stakes isn't a problem.

I find it quite ironic that at a time I've gotten so busy, a neighborhood cat has decided to deprive me of sleep. It really isn't fun to be awoken by death screams and skunk stench.

So, if you have an outdoor cat, for the sanity of your neighbors, I beg of you to make sure it's inside at night.

No comments: