Tuesday, October 28, 2008

How to Be Naturally Thin by Eating More

breakfast: stewed fruit

lunch: tofu salad

dinner: vegetable biryani, dal, rice

snack: baked tortilla ships, salsa

I've eating dinner around 4:30pm the past couple of days. I keep getting hungry for a meal around then. It's been leading me to have after-dinner snacks, which I normally never want. I don't feel bad about it since I'm eating such an early dinner.

I remember reading a book a few years ago How to Become Naturally Thin by Eating More by Jean Antonello. It's the book that convinced me to stop dieting. It presented a lot of evidence on what diets do to the body, why they don't work, as well as explaining how to be naturally thin without dieting. I will admit I wasn't very good at implementing the techniques on how to be naturally thin. I'm finding myself doing them automatically now and I am getting thinner.

But back to my story. Jean spoke about how as you become naturally thin you'll begin to want dinner at around 4 pm with just a snack afterwards. My body is doing that. Also, as she mentioned, I've lost all desire for sweets. I just don't want them anymore. It's strange to go from wanting something sweet several times a day my entire life to not wanting any at all. Even if I see something that I enjoy - brownie, cookie, whatever - I don't care. I pass because I don't want it.

She also spoke about how when you're dieting, you can lose all desire to exercise. But when you get out of the dieting cycle, you'll just naturally want to move more. That's so true for me. I used to hate to exercise. Now, I can hardly sit still. I'm constantly finding things to do because I want to get up and move. It's really kind of interesting to think back on her book and how it's all coming true for me.

I've lost 15 pounds since starting this blog. I eat what I want when I want it. Since starting Callanetics, I can tell I'm gaining muscle and toning up. It's just nice to know that I can be thin by eating to my heart's content. It really feels good. I wish had the words to express this feeling better.

I recommend Jean's book if you're looking to change how you look and feel too. It's out-of-print so you might have to get a used copy of Amazon. She came out with another book - Breaking Out of Food Jail: How to Free Yourself from Diets and Problem Eating, Once and for All. Personally, I think her first book is better, but that could just be because I read it first.

No comments: