Sunday, September 14, 2008

Gluten Free Pancakes

breakfast: gluten free pancakes

lunch: pasta with marinara, salad

dinner: steamed vegetables

I tried Trader Joe's gluten free pancakes today. They actually look and taste like the real thing. I was quite surprised. It's the first time I haven't had homemade pancakes from scratch. It's kind of odd to put pancakes in a toaster and wait for them to pop up. But they were nice and it was nice to have something that seemed like it was made with wheat flour. The sodium content on them is a bit high so they definitely aren't something to eat every day. But for a treat or for when I'm missing gluten, it's a pretty good option.

Another positive: I think cutting out gluten is causing me to lose weight. I know I was quite ill recently and eating less, but it doesn't account for how much smaller I am. One week of eating less doesn't result in the loss of 10 pounds. I actually think I need to see if I can wear a size 8. My 10's are getting quite baggy. It's so nice to actually be starting to feel thin - first time in my life. My back hasn't hurt for almost 2 full days now. If it's still good tomorrow, I'll start back with full Callanetics workouts. I can't imagine what kind of an impact Callanetics might have on everything.

No comments: