Sunday, August 10, 2008

Callanetics Bootcamp?

breakfast: melon

snack: almonds, raw milk

lunch: caprese salad

dinner: roma beans, potatoes, cucumber

When I hurt my back, Jessi sent me a great site filled with a ton of information on Callanetics and comments from trainers. I've learned a lot since reading through it. One of the things a trainer mentioned was that you shouldn't go three days without doing Callanetics or you'll begin to undo some of the results. If you go three days without doing it, you should do it for 3-4 days in a row to get back into shape.

This reminds me of T-Tapp. You're not supposed to go 3 days without doing at least the BWO+ or you'll start to lose muscle. Whenever you're just starting T-tapp or have missed a week, you're supposed to do a full workout for at least 4 consecutive days. I don't remember all of the scientific reasons, but it's somehow supposed to change the physiology of the body and make it start producing results.

When I hurt my back, I missed over a week of Callanetics. I started back up last week, doing it a couple of times, but I didn't do it for consecutive days. Tomorrow, I think I'll try a 4-day Callanetics bootcamp and see what happens. I'll probably do the regular Callanetics 10 years younger program I typically do, although I'm sure I could do CardioCallanetics or Callanetics Evolution with similar effectiveness.

No comments: