Saturday, July 26, 2008

Blueberry Muffins

breakfast: blueberry muffin, raw milk

lunch: gordita

dinner: blanched potato with a touch of sesame oil, steamed vegetables, buffalo mozzarella

I made the most amazing blueberry muffins from Grain-free Gourmet . They don't contain sugar, dairy or flour. Instead, it's just ground almonds. They were a little crunchy because I didn't grind the almonds fine enough, but they were soooo good. No one could tell they didn't contain flour, sugar or dairy.

I think what I like best about the muffins is the color - a nice, rich, dark purple. The blueberries are cooked until their juices come out and then they're added to the batter. So instead of having a muffin with little blue dots throughout it, the entire thing is the color of blueberries. It really brings out the flavor of the blueberries and every bite taste like you're eating one. I never thought of doing this before, but I really like it. I'm going to have to try it with other fruits.

No comments: