Monday, June 9, 2008

June 9

breakfast: raspberries, loganberries, strawberries

lunch: leftover enchilada

snack: buffalo mozarella

dinner: aloo tikki, mint-coconut chutney, kichadi

workout: callanetics 10/10

It was so nice to do callanetics again today. It seems like ever since I started to do it only every other day, I've really slacked off at working out in general. I feel so much better on the days I do callanetics. My back truly feels great. Just after the one workout today, I can feel that I'm standing straighter. I don't understand why you don't hear more about this workout. Instead, it's all about spending hours in the gym lifting weights and doing cardio. Personally, I'll go the easy route that produces fast results and leaves me feeling so good.

The kichadi I made today came out a little disappointing. I don't know if it's because I substitude red lentils for the split yellow mung beans, but it really tasted like it needed something, like the flavors weren't balanced. Maybe next time I'll try adding some turmeric and/or cilantro to it.

No comments: