Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day 8 - No Sweets

breakfast: raw milk

snack: vegetarian tamale

lunch: black bean tamale

snack: raw spanish cheese, foccocia

dinner: brie and raspberries in filo, zucchini, chard, tomatoes, and black beans

Today was all about errands and house maintenance - silly things like touching up paint on walls and putting new hinges on cabinets. It's amazing how easy and fast such things are, how big of a difference they make, and yet, how easy it is to put them off.

I've now completed one week without sweets. It's amazing how much easier it was to cut it out this time than when I tried before. I didn't have any brownie fantasies or anything. I guess the sweets were easier to get out of my system this time. I rarely eat sugar, opting for natural sweeteners. It's interesting how addictive even they can be. I don't know if it's the sweetner itself that's addictive, or the delicious flavor, or a combination of both. I really do enjoy the flavor of sweet foods. I'm glad I'm now turning more to fruits and sweeter vegetables.

No comments: