Monday, June 30, 2008

Day 10 - No Sweets

breakfast: 1/8 baguette with avocado and raw cheese

snack: raw milk

lunch: pasta, tofu and vegetables in a peanut sauce

snack: strawberry-yogurt smoothie

dinner: egg salad on rye bread; tomato and cucumber salad

workout: Ballet Conditioning, 1 hour walk

Since cutting out sweets, it's becoming so much easier to eat healthy. I'm naturally gravitating towards more fruit and vegetables. My body really know what it wants and needs, I just don't think I've been able to hear it because the cookie jar was a little louder.

I'm also noticing that when I eat sandwiches lately, I don't want two pieces of bread - just one. It's like there's just too much bread and it takes away from the filling. And, yet I'm someone who loves bread. I could never do a low carb diet because I would never want to give up bread. For me, it really is the ultimate comfort food. The smell if it right out of the oven. The sound of the knife cutting through it. The taste... It's all so heavenly to me. I wish I had some baking now.

No comments: