Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Diet Story

This is the beginning of my adventures to a size 6. I have struggled with weight all my life. I have never been the thin one. I've always had more than my fair share of weight.

I weighed around 200 pounds from the time I was 13 until I was 23. At 23, I suddenly lost 50 pounds. I'm not sure how or why, but the weight miracuously disappeared. Unfortunately, it still left me about six sizes too large.

That was 6 years ago and my weight has stayed roughly the same. I've tried diets - food combining, Weight Watchers, low carb - but have never been able to stick with anything for more than a couple of weeks. I now weigh 148 pounds and wear a tight size 10. My goal is a size 6.

I know diets don't work, at least not for me. So I'm going to shed the weight by following my hunger signals, eating healthy, and exercising. To start, I'm going to do a 1-week food diary to see what my eating is like and how to improve it.

I'd really like to know what it like to be thin and not be self-conscious. It's scary to be putting this out where people can see it. Hopefully, it will help me get the results I desire.

Suzan

No comments: