Saturday, February 21, 2009

What a Weird Day or Grocery Stores Giving Everything Away for Free

breakfast: raw buckwheat granola, raw milk

lunch: salad, gf margarita pizza

dinner: salad, english muffin with smoked mozzarella and fried egg

I went to the grocery store today. The teller was someone who's been there for ages. A friend of hers was in front of me. I noticed she was only ringing up about half of her friend's items. Kind of odd! I wasn't sure what was going on.

When it was my turn, she again missed a few things. Then she said the total was "$45.71. Wait, I forgot the two bottles of olive oil." They wouldn't scan so she keyed them in manually and said, "$45.71." The exact same amount. I told her the olive oil didn't go in. She said, "No, I got them." Okay, then. I just got over $30 off at the grocery store.

Now, the store didn't have one key item I needed so I went to another store to get it. I saw a couple of other things while I was there - shopping while hungry produces interesting purchases. When I went to check out, the same thing happened. This time I got about $5 off.

I guess money can come to you in some pretty unexpected ways.

No comments: