Tuesday, October 14, 2008

October 14

breakfast: protein drink

lunch: tofu salad

dinner: chili, steamed cauliflower

workout: Callanetics warm-up

The interesting thing to me about the warm-up to Callanetics is that even though it's called a warm-up, it's a full body workout that takes less than 10 minutes. You work your legs, waist, back, arms, and even neck. The moves in the warm-up alone can cause tightening and toning.

I've also noticed that the longer I do Callanetics, the more difficult it becomes. It makes me wonder if the impact I now receive from the warm-up is equal to what the entire workout gave me when I first started. I know I do the movements better, relax more, stretch more...everything more.

It makes me wonder why Callanetics disappeared over the years. It's effective, easy, and fast. Maybe people really just want to spend endless hours in the gym. I don't know... I feel like I'm starting to sound like a broken record.

No comments: