Friday, September 26, 2008

The Nasty Glue is Back!

breakfast: 1/2 gluten-free bagel with peanut butter, raw milk

lunch: split spea soup

dinner: soba, broccoli, carrots, and cashews with a cilantro-garlic dressing

Well, the nasty glue is back today. I swear I've never smelled anything quite like it in my life. At least they're done today, so I'll never have to smell it again. Tomorrow, assuming the glue odor is gone so I can tolerate being inside, I'll start back with Callanetics. I know it's been a while and I've lost some of the results I've had, but at least I know it works fast so in no term I'll be back to where I was at, and even better.

2 comments:

ringnecklover said...

I have never seen such a unique diet before nor met anyone who even knew what Callanetics is! I have been a size 12/14 for so long and can't fathom getting down to a size 6, even though I have been at one time a size 3/4 (hard to believe now though). Glad your back is better, and wish we lived close because I would have loved to join you in your fantabulous "diet" plan, and workout, aannnnd there is a great family owned falafel drive-in close to where I live. Koodos to you for hanging in there and your success. I take it that you are vegetarian...after perusing your entire journal?! Best of luck in the future, and may you remain a size 6 or whatever you desire forever...

Suzan said...

Hi Ringnecklover,

I am a vegetarian. I never liked meat as a child so I've pretty much always been one.

As for my "diet" plan, I've learned from experience that diets don't work. I don't like to be hungry, obsessing over what I can/can't eat, or thinking about how many points/calories/grams/etc something might have. I like food and simply try to eat healthy, although I sometimes feel like I fail more often than I succeed.

I've formulated my plan from reading books like Think Yourself Thin, The Skinny, and How to Be Naturally Thin by Eating More. All I know this way of eating, combined with Callanetics, works for me. The numbers on the scale are going down and I'm getting close to being able to wear a size 8.

I only picked a size 6 because I've been an 8 before and still had some stomach fat. I'm not certain if it's the right size for me, but I'll never know unless I try. With my height, I don't think I'd be comfortable or healthy to go any lower.