Monday, August 18, 2008

It happened again!

breakfast: protein drink

lunch: baba ganoush, hummus, french fries, Devil in an Apron chocolate pecan pie

dinner: cornbread, beans, sauerkraut, tomatoes, zucchini

I woke up Sunday and my back was bothering me again - worse than ever. I'm not sure what happened. It just got better and now this. It doesn't make any sense. I've never had back problems until the past couple of weeks. Weird!

I tried Devil in an Apron's chocolate covered pecan pie today. It is sooooo good. Devil is a good word to use for it. It's basically pecan pie without the crust covered in dark chocolate. Almost all of the ingredients are organic. It kind of reminds me of a chocolate turtles, but with a soft caramel. It's so worth every bite, and even though they're small, you can definitely get more than one serving out of them. I think if I were to eat the whole thing at once it would be too rich, just wouldn't be able to do it. But a couple of bites of that gooey, chocolatey, toasted pecan flavor...I don't think I'd ever grow tired of it.

3 comments:

Robert Shea said...

Wow, thank you for all the compliments on our chocolate! I guess you're in luck that they are gluten free too. ;)

Thanks again Suzan, it is wonderful to receive feedback like this about making people happy.

cheers,

Rob

Suzan said...

Hi Rob,

I can't believe you found my site. What a surprise!

I can't wait until your other products are carried in stores so that I can try them too. If the pecan pie is any indication, they'll be amazing!

Robert Shea said...

I try to keep on top of what people say about us online. Sometimes after tasting countless variations of the same items it can be easy to get lost down the rabbit hole of trying make a particular aspect perfect. I think feedback from others helps us keep in touch with the reality of the products. ;)

The next product should be in stores sometime in the next few weeks. It is done, but Whole Foods in involved in a "food fight" where many products are being moved around to different departments and everyone is hesitant to order new items until they know where it'll end up.

The next product will definitely appeal to the health-minded like yourself, and that was just incidental to the taste I was looking for.

Best of luck in your pursuit of 6!