Sunday, August 24, 2008

August 24

breakfast: oatmeal with banana and peanut butter

lunch: seaweed tofu, chinese greens, carrots

snack: blackberries, peanuts

dinner: carrot and cabbage salad, cranberry beans, gluten-free pizza roll

The pizza rolls had way too much potato flour in them. They just turned to mush as you ate them. It's one thing if you're expecting to eat mashed potatoes. It's another thing if your dish turns into mashed potatoes.

My back is about 75% better, so hopefully I'll be able to begin working out soon. I really hope I haven't damaged a disk. I haven't wanted to see anyone about it because I don't want to find out if that's happened. I know too many people with herniated disks, had surgeries that didn't work, etc. I'm just thinking it's out of alignment and as the muscles relax it'll go back into alignment.

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Sorry to hear about your back. I fractured the L4 & L5 disks in my back when I was 16. What helped for me was a lot of lower back strength training. Sometimes if I'm not careful Callanetics kind of bothers my back a little and I feel achy I'm not sure yet which positions are causing it yet. I'll let you know which ones they are once I figure it out. Great job on completing the boot camp. I need to do one myself I've done maybe one hour of callanetics for the month due to having my house broken into and them taking my callanetics dvd... talk about motivational killer. At least I still have the book :) Also good luck with the gluten free diet. I have a friend who has a gluten allergy but felt leaps and bounds better once he eliminated gluten... although he sorely misses beer.

Suzan said...

Hi Jessi,

I remember reading about your break-in on the exercise board. I didn't realize you were the same person! I have to agree that it's rather odd how selective the thief was with your CDs vs. DVDs. The whole thing sucks!

My back has felt slightly off since doing the sitting bun exercises in Callanetics Evolution. It seems like it's just gotten worse over time. I have noticed that the waist stretch can aggravate it. It's like it pulls on the area in my lower back. Because of how it happened and all of the symptoms, I've been hoping it was simply out of alignment, but I'm not so sure anymore.

I remember reading a couple of months ago about a company making a gluten-free beer. Maybe it's something your friend would enjoy.