Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 6 - No Sweets

breakfast: strawberry-yogurt smoothie

lunch: tomato-tortilla soup, edamame

snack: tomato-tortilla soup

dinner: strawberry-pecan-parmesan salad with balsamic vinaigrette, steamed green beans, rye bread with almond butter

workout: ballet conditioning, 45-minute walk

Okay, Ballet Conditioning is a killer. There's no other way to put it. It has to be one of the toughest lower body workouts out there. About 8 minutes in, I was wondering if I would be able to finish. Thankfully, it did get a bit easier as my muscles warmed up more...but still - it hurts! I think what makes it harder is that you're working your entire body with every move. If you just look at the moves, it seems like all you're doing is working your legs, but it's also getting your back, stomach and arms. I think the only thing that got me through it today is the phenomenal shape the instructor is in. I kept thinking that maybe if I kept at it I could look that good. She's clearly in great shape from head-to-toe, but without the bulkiness that people who lift a lot of weights can get.

One positive: I can walk better today after this workout than I could the last time. My legs don't feel like they're quivering and about to collapse.

No comments: