Monday, June 23, 2008

Ballet Conditioning

A friend has been trying to get me to try Ballet Conditioning for a while now. I have to admit she’s been looking great since starting to use it. But I’ve had such great results with Callanetics, I haven’t wanted to try anything else. I did do a Yoga DVD a while ago. Even though I enjoyed it, I’ve only done Callanetics since. I mean, come on, a workout where all you’re told is to relax. There’s no running, jumping, or anything. Yeah, I have to modify the moves since I don’t have a ballet bar, but people keep commenting on how it looks like I’ve lost weight even though my weight has stayed the same. I’m just trying to eat healthy, but failing a lot of the time.

But, my friend has been getting on my nerves a bit over how I “have to try” Ballet Conditioning.

You know what that’s like.

So, I decided to try it today just to get her to leave me alone.

All I can say is wow! About 10 minutes in, I started wondering if I was going to be able to walk tomorrow. Halfway through my arms started calling me bad names. By the end, I just wanted to lay on the floor in a puddle.

Whenever I do any kind of a workout, I almost never sweat. This time I was dripping. I really don’t get it. You spend most of your time holding onto the back of a chair while lifting your leg slowly. What’s sweat inducing about that? Granted, I could feel it in every muscle of my body by the end – back, stomach, arms, etc. But sweat? I must have been doing a lot more than I realized.

Right now, I’m not sure how I’m going to make it into my bed. My legs think I’m absolutely evil for doing that to them…in a good way of course.

I’ve never done ballet before so I guess I never really knew what the big deal about it was. But, I really think I need to do this workout often. I still plan on doing Callanetics because it’s been doing amazing things for me. I have wished it had more for the back and arms. The Ballet Conditioning should add that...as well as more for the legs and the stomach and everything in between.

My teeth aren’t sore and tired. I guess that’s a good thing. I think maybe they, along with my ears and hair, are the only part of my body that aren’t sore right now.

I think the one scary/motivating thing is that this workout is clearly one that will get harder the more I do it. It really is only as hard as you make it. I guess that makes it good for all levels of exercisers. I don’t know. The way I feel right now, I’m definitely a beginner beginner. One day, I might make it to beginner, but I’m not there yet.

No comments: