Saturday, May 3, 2008

Day 13

Breakfast: peanut butter toast, sauerkraut, cucumber, milk

Snack: walnuts

Lunch: half a falafel sandwich; gluten-free, sugar-free cookie

Snack: cherries, qephor

Dinner:
brown and wild rice with corn
tofu with vegetables
carrot, celery, and cabbage salad
milk

I did something to my back yesterday. I'm not sure how or even what. I was just sitting and it suddenly became extremely painful. It seems better today. Hopefully, it won't come back.

I thought the falafel sandwich would be a nice treat. I went to a Lebanese restaurant called Sinbad's that had fantastic food for years. Now it is truly awful. It's the same owners, but they have new partners who are trying to cut the costs. The cooks are no longer Lebanese. They're not even Middle Eastern. Prices are the same, but servings are now 1/3 the size which is probably a good thing because the food is extremely bland, far from authentic, and just truly disappointing. Apparently, all of their regular customers are leaving. It's one thing to make changes to improve your business and profit. It's another when those changes negatively impact your business.

No comments: